Kia ora friends, we’re devastated to inform you that the Waiheke festival site has been flooded and is not safe to dance in over February 3-5.
The silver lining is that we have been able to pull together the bulk of the artists for the rescheduled dates of March 3,4,5 as well as new international acts Harvey Sutherland, Gabrielle Kwarteng and Suze Ijó.
We hope you can help us by holding on for the rescheduled dates so we can finally welcome you back to the island in March. All existing ticket holders have been emailed requesting their preference for Transfer/80% Refund as per our T&Cs.
For Fullers Transport tickets refunds, call the Fullers call centre on 09 367 9111. Unrefunded transport tickets will be valid for the March dates.
We’ve put so much work into this festival and are so excited to bring it to you! Third time’s a charm.
It’s possible that Flamingo Pier Waiheke could be cancelled or postponed for a variety of reasons, whether due to unavailability of DJs/bands who have previously committed to the event, or because of weather conditions or situations, or because of epidemics or pandemics or natural disasters, or otherwise.
Cancellation: if the event is cancelled, you will be entitled to a refund, which will be 80% of the ticket price (the other 20% of the price will be retained by us to assist with expenses that we have incurred or will incur in organising the event).
Postponement and Rescheduling: if the event is postponed and is to be rescheduled, then upon receiving details from us, you can choose between the following options:
- obtain a refund, which will be 80% of the ticket price (the other 20% of the price will be retained by us to assist with expenses that we have incurred or will incur in organising the event as originally scheduled) ; or
- receive a ticket for the rescheduled Flamingo Pier to be held either in the Summer of 2023 or 2024.
If the event is cancelled, no action is required on your part. We will contact you directly with details of your refund, which will be processed within 2 weeks.
If the event is postponed and is to be rescheduled, we will contact you directly so that you can then choose which of the two options above you choose. If you choose a refund, we will process your refund within the further period of 2 weeks.
If you choose a ticket for the rescheduled event, we will send you an acknowledgement of your choice and will issue a ticket when tickets go on sale. Refunds or tickets to the rescheduled event will be issued only to the original purchaser or to the original credit card used for the purchase.
Flamingo Pier Waiheke Festival will return over three days in 2023 -February 3, 4 & 5!!
The lineup on day 1 and 3 will be the same with a different lineup on day 2. You can choose from either a two-day ticket (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday) or a single day ticket (Friday or Sunday only, not Saturday only). Monday the 6th is a public holiday for recuperation!
Thursday 3 November, 6pm - 1st lineup announcement to our mailing list
Monday 7 November, 11am - The ticket link and password to access (one password for everyone) will be emailed to our mailing list. Limit of 4 per order
Monday 7 November, midday - The password-protected ticket link will go live
Tuesday 8 November, midday - public sale goes live for any remaining tickets
SUBSCRIBE HERE if you’re not already on the mailing list to receive the lineup and ticket link email. Subscribing does not guarantee that you will be able to purchase a ticket as they may sell out quickly.
Unrefunded tickets from the cancelled 2022 edition are automatically valid for the same days of the 2023 edition.
To help keep everyone safe, we'll need to follow any government health safety mandates.
If you feel unwell, please stay at home.
Pack a summer event ‘essentials’ bag. Include a couple of masks and take hand sanitiser. Practice good hygiene by washing or sanitising your hands regularly.
If you are at the festival and start to experience COVID-19 symptoms, head back to your accommodation or home. Symptoms include a new or worsening cough, a fever, shortness of breath, sore throat, sneezing and runny nose, or temporary loss of smell.
Waiheke Island is a 40-minute passenger ferry ride from Princes Wharf Auckland via Fullers or 1-hour car ferry ride from Half Moon Bay/Wynyard Wharf via Sealink. The festival is approximately a 15-minute drive from Kennedy Point ferry terminal and 25 minutes drive from Matiatia Ferry terminal at Rangihoua Estate, 1 Gordons Road.
Fullers will operate ferry + bus services to the festival - Fullers transport tickets will be available for purchase in late November.
View full transport info here
This year, all ticket buyers must agree to our Party Values during purchase. This includes no tolerance for:
- Non Consensual Touching or Unwelcome Sexual Attention
- Excessive & Repeated Invasion of Space
- Discriminatory Behaviour including Racist, Sexist, Homophobic, Transphobic Language or behaviour
- Aggression or Violence
In addition to our Security Team, a group of Party Guides will be engaging with the festival as an approachable way for you to communicate distress or concerns about safety. They’re experienced in dealing with sensitive situations and will be checking to make sure everyone is upholding those Party Values. They’re here to help everyone have a good time. Keep an eye out for their bright pink t-shirts and say hello.
Please use TIXEL for any resales. Tixel will issue new tickets for resold tickets with the name of the buyer. Ferry/Bus ticket packages w available from FULLERS closer to the event.
It is not essential that the ticket name matches the user of the ticket but once a ticket has been scanned it cannot be reused. If you wish to update the name on a ticket, you can edit your Eventbrite order information to put your ticket under someone else’s name and email address (INSTRUCTIONS).
This does not remove the ticket from your Eventbrite account, but the new attendee will receive an email prompting them to claim tickets when you save the change. The original ticket buyer needs to perform the transfer. If you purchased tickets from TIXEL, new tickets will be issued against your name. We strongly recommend that you don't buy tickets from any source other than Tixel.com or Eventbrite due to the number of scammers targetting NZ events.
Rangihoua Estate, 1 Gordons Road, Waiheke Island.
Holiday Home rentals are available from Stay Waiheke, Book-A-Bach, Air BnB.
Waitangi Weekend is a busy time of year, so please arrange your accommodation asap if required.
Poukaraka Flats Campground is a small camp site 3km from the festival. Waiheke Backpackers Hostel provides accommodation in Onetangi 6 km from the festival.
If you'd like to contribute to the festival, please contact us on info(at)flamingopier.net. We're open to performers, builders, dancers, artists and anyone that can add to the vibrancy of the day.
Easy Transport - 0226126760
Waiheke Five O - 0275050510
Island Taxis - 093720088
Wai Cabs - 0800924222
Gates open at 3 pm and the event finishes at midnight on all dates 3, 4 and 5 February 2023.
There is free water available on-site and a range of delicious non-alcoholic drinks and low-alcohol beers. You can bring empty resuable water bottles on site. It's a long day in the sun, so please pace yourself. There is a variety of food available with vegetarian and gluten-free options.
There is currently a high fire risk on the island. Smoking is not allowed in the forest or under covered areas.
We are working towards a zero-waste event with Waiheke Resources Trust. Please help us by using the appropriate bin for recyclables and compostables. You can bring empty resuable water bottles on site.
Most bars and food vendors will accept EFTPOS but wi-fi on the island can drop out so bring all the cash you need for the fastest access. Liquor licensing requires that bars can serve a maximum of 4 drinks per transaction from 3 pm till 8 pm and 2 drinks per transaction from 8 pm onwards. 2 drinks per transaction can be wine or cocktails.
This is an R18 event. Please bring a valid NZ Drivers license, Hospitality NZ 18+ card or current passport as per the New Zealand licensing rules.
Absolutely! We make an effort to create a vibrant site and encourage everyone to add to this by getting creative and colourful in your dress. Flamingo Pier is a magical, lush dancing space in an island olive grove. Be part of the magic. We'll reward your efforts with spot prizes on the night.
We will scan your Eventbrite ticket displayed from your phone, make sure you have it ready with enough battery charge. If you don't have a phone capable of this, please print for scanning.